What is involved when someone passes away?

If someone passes away:

At home unexpected: you will need to call 000, the ambulance or police may both come, then they will be taken to the coroners. Then I will take care of everything.

At home expectedly: you will need to call the doctor to come and issue a Death Certificate and Cremation Permit.  This can wait until the morning if you are ok having your loved one at home.  It is a lovely way to not rush in saying goodbyes, and allows family members to come and say goodbye. 

At a Hospital/Nursing Home/Other medical facility:  simply call me and I will take care of them with the staff.


If you chose me as your Funeral Director and Celebrant -

If you decide to ask me to be your funeral director and celebrant, I will visit you in your home (if logistically possible) to have a discussion with you and other family members about what will be an appropriate tribute for the member who has passed. It is a good idea for you to make brief notes about their life. I can use your notes and your ideas to write a eulogy which reflects the life and spirit of their life. Family members or friends may wish to add their own tributes to be read at the service by them, or if they feel that is too difficult, I can read the tribute on their behalf. I can help with the choice of music and readings that are appropriate for their service. You may wish to have a funeral program to give to the mourners. I can assist with the writing, design and printing of that if you wish.

I will meet with you, with your input, I can:

  • Design and print the order of service

  • Write the funeral service

  • Write the eulogy if required

  • Give help and advice to family members or friends who wish to write and/or deliver tributes

  • Help you to choose music

  • Bring all he AV requirements needed

  • Suggest poetry and readings

  • Integrate additional cultural or family needs into the service